Looking for a career in the horticulture industry? We are currently hiring for multiple positions within our nursery.
American Native Plants is a wholesale nursery that specializes in growing native plants of the mid-Atlantic region. We primarily serve the restoration industry, meaning that our plants contribute to ecological biodiversity, create sustainable wildlife habitat, and restore and replenish clean waterways. We also have a retail branch, Direct Native Plants, that supplies mail-order native plants to retail customers. We are located in Middle River (Baltimore County), MD, and are currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Nursery Field Lead
This is a full-time year-round position, Monday- Friday 7:30am-3:30pm with some weekends needed. Overtime is offered.
Pay range: starts at $18 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Customer Orders:
- Accurately identify plants to be pulled
- Stage and organize orders using best practices.
- Review any shortages or sizing issues with sales team and inventory manager.
- Apply plant labels and/or customer ID labels as needed.
- Partners with other nursery workers as needed.
- Customer Pickup/Delivery Loading
- Consult sales team and inventory manager for daily pickup and delivery schedule.
- Partner with delivery supervisor, Greenwheels Transport, to organize delivery material.
- Organize deliveries and pickups using best practices for all customer and delivery vehicles.
- Perform inventory spot-checks as needed.
- Utilize hand-held inventory management tools to update real-time inventory status while pulling orders.
- Update inventory manager with potential spec. issues with upcoming sales orders.
- Store Front/Fulfillment Partners
- Oversee implementation of the store front concept.
- Work with fulfillment barn team to ensure stock material is staged for fulfillment orders without delaying packaging.
- Other Duties/Responsibilities
- Monitor plant health and irrigation systems; report problems immediately.
- Responsible for equipment, tools, and vehicles provided by American Native Plants
- Supervision of assisting laborers.
- Performing other duties as needed.
- Knowledge of plant material and/or nursery experience required.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather.
- Requires English language speaking.
- Can operate nursery machinery.
- Can lift 50lbs.
- Contributes to team; facilitates good customer interactions; exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow employees and others with whom there is contact.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
- Health Insurance (after 3 months)
- Sick Time (up to 40 hours)
- Paid Vacation (after 3 months)
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan Contribution (after 1 year)
**Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required**
Qualified candidates can submit their application and/or resume to email@example.com. Fax or mail (see application) is also accepted, but email is preferred if available.