American Native Plants stocks a wide selection of trees and shrubs grown as tubelings. Our woody seeds are planted and grown in one of two sizes, depending on the species:
- Anderson Band Pot (2.5” x 2.5” x 5”): Trees and shrubs are grown in individual pots that are sold in full flats of 36. This size is ideal for species with larger seeds, such as Oaks.
- Ellepot Trays (2” x 2” x 4.3”): Trees and shrubs are grown in full flats of reusable trays that are filled with specially designed paper and media. Plants can be removed from the tray without compromising the integrity of the root system, allowing the tray to be reused. Sold in full flats of 32.
Depending on the conditions of the planting site, trees and shrubs as tubelings can have a significantly higher survivability rate than bareroot plants thanks to their young and healthy root systems fully encased in the media that surrounded them since germination from seed. Tubelings are also very easy to transport and plant.
Containers #1, #2, #3, #5, and #7
Our native trees and native shrubs are available in containers for easy transport and planting convenience. Trees transported in containers that are removed upon planting have well-established root systems which will minimize transplant shock usually associated with bareroot plants. As a general rule of thumb, the bigger the container number, the larger the size of the tree or shrub. We offer native trees in containers #1, #2, #3, #5, and #7.
- #1 pots, 6 1/2” diameter, 7” tall
- #2 pots, 8 ¾” diameter, 8 ½” tall
- #3 pots, 11” diameter, 9 5/8” tall
- #5 pots, 10 ¾” diameter, 11” tall
- #7 pots, 14” diameter, 11 ½” tall
The final volume and height of your container and tree is determined seasonally and by species.
Whether you are looking for mature plants to fill out your landscaping job or need a large quantity of a specific native plant, we offer contract growing to our business clients throughout the year. This is the most effective way to ensure availability of plants when you need them. Contact us for details.
Our skilled staff can work with you to determine substitute native plants if any of the items on your plant list is unavailable in the size or quantity needed.
Shop Native Trees
American Native Plants has been dedicated to preserving, growing, and distributing native trees, shrubs and plant varieties for over almost two decades. We are a one-stop-shop for your nursery needs and serve the Eastern United States. To view our available Herbaceous Native Shrubs click the button below or use the search bar at the top of the page.
For more information on our offerings, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, contact us, or give us a call at 410-529-0552. To place an order and receive a quote, visit our full Product Availability page or fax us at 410-529-3883.